New Class for beginners
The ROAD HOGG CLASS
This class is for the entry level racer.
If you drive only a box stock or no class at all you may run in
You will not be able to drive both classes box stock and Road Hogg.
NO other driver of a division higher then box stock will be allowed
to compete in this division.
NO driver that has competed in any division in the last 5 years
(except box stock) will be allowed to compete in this division.
1. Types of vehicles allowed in the ROAD HOGG division, 1973 to
2002, rear wheel drive only, American made only, 2 or 4 door, trucks
or station wagons, NO all wheel drive or 4 wheel drive, NO 4 wheel
2. Must retain vin # in front of dash, if it does not have it don't
3. If you are using a newer car with a computer diagnostics hook
up it must remain in place to be scanned with scan tool, If the
plugs not there don't bring it.
4. Minimum weight after race with driver 3400 LBS.
5. Must have safety cut off switch in reach of driver and safety
6. Transmission, Automatic only, with stock torque converter.
7. Rear end must be stock, NO locked rear ends, NO limited slip
8. Engine V6 or V8, NO Turbo, NO Supercharged, NO big blocks, NO
rotary engines, NO performance engines.
9. Fuel injection or carbureted, Must match Vin #, NO interchanging
of carburetors, NO Holleys, NO Edelbrock, Stock for vehicle being
used, same for fuel injection cars.
10. Fuel Injection/computer type cars must have all wiring as it
was for factory, NO straight wiring fuel pump to cut off switch
or toggle switch.
11. Engine is to be left alone, do not clean it or pressure wash
it, if it has an oil leak that needs repaired repair it and clean
only what is needed in that area.
12. Engine be used must be 100% matching for the car being used,
NO rebuilt engines or freshening them up, NO boring or rebuilding.
(used motors only)
13. Engine must pull 17 inches of vacuum at 1000 RPM. (no vacuum
1. All bodies must be factory stock, factory spoilers only if it
2. NO hulling of bodies except for driver side door bars and fuel
cell in trunk.
3. Must have completely stock radiator core support in stock location.
4. May remove front inner fender wells.
5. May trim fenders for tire clearance only.
6. Must have full rear inner fender wells.
7. NO enclosed drivers cockpit.
8. NO MIRRORS.
9. Must have stock bumpers.
10. Must remove all glass, headlights, tail lights, all mirrors
inside and outside, windows and windshield, rear window, dash, seats
and any flammable material from inside car.
4 point cage only, of minimum0.95 by 1.5 inch round tubing, 4 bars
in drivers door, with 4 down tubes between each horizontal bar,
Recommended it to be plated with 1/16 steel for safety, passenger
side is to be a minimum of an X brace between front down bar from
halo and rear down bar from halo, Must have 4, 1/2 inch bars in
front of driver on driver side, If cage is not welded to a solid
main frame and is mounted to floor pan it must have a 4 inch by
4 inch 1/4 inch plate on top of floor pan and a 4 inch by 4 inch
1/4 inch plate under the floor pan sandwiched to floor pan, with
4, 1/2 inch grade 8 bolts, (unibody cars).
2. NO front hoops, NO rear hoops. NO bars extended outside of driver
3, FEUL CELL, If fuel tank is in front of rear end it can be used,
If fuel tank is behind rear end it must have an approved fuel cell.
4. Must have an approved aluminum racing seat and must be attached
to roll cage, NOT FLOOR PAN.
5. Must have approved 5 point racing harness.
6. Must have approved window net.
7. Must have fire extinguisher with gage, with in reach of driver
and safety personnel.
1. It is to stay exactly as it came from the manufacturer, NO spring
spacers, NO cambered front or rear ends, Shocks and struts to be
100% factory stock.
WHEELS AND TIRES
1. May used factory steel wheels, all must be same offset,
or you may use a white spoke wagon wheel 8m inches wide, if using
wagon wheel it can be a 3 inch or 4 inch offset but all must be
the same NO mixing of offsets.
2. MUST HAVE 1 INCH LUG NUTS ON RIGHT SIDE.
3. Tires can be DOT Must be all the same size, DOT can use as wide
as a 50 series, NO Snow tires and NO Mud grips, or you may use a
used HOOSIER 26.5 or a 27.5 A, D, or Medium if using HOOSIER they
must be all 26s or 27s NO mixing sizes.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND WHAT CAN BE DONE TO THE CAR HAVE BEEN EXSPLAINED
IN THE ABOVE RULES, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE NFS RESERVES THE RIGHT
TO ADD WEIGHT TO ANY CAR AT ANY TIME AND WHERE WE WANT TO PUT IT
IN THE FAIRNESS OF COMPETITION.
Heat line up will be by pill draw.
Feature line up will be an inversion of points after three (3) feature
Winner of the last feature race will start last in feature.
If you win 2 championships in this division you will be required
to move to a higher class.