PURE STOCK RULES
Any visiting cars not within NFS Rules will be required to add weight!
1. Any American made production 2 or 4 door sedan,
made between 1972 and 1995.
2. No fuel injection type V-8 motors, no rear engine cars,
no convertibles, no station wagons, and NO front wheel drive cars.
1. Chevy 350, Ford 351W, Chrysler/Dodge 360, .060 over bore plus
2. All engine components MUST be OEM stock or EXACT replacement
unless other wise specified. NO HO305, you may run a 305 or early
307 if your chassis came with it, no mixing of 305/307 heads on
3. Allowed options, Oil pan, valve covers, poly locks, guide plates,
screw in studs, valve spring shields, long slot rockers 1.5 ratio
only, aluminum pulleys, aftermarket power steering pump, solid motor
mounts, double row timing chain, plug wires, distributor curve kit,
the rest of the distributor is to remain completely stock no hot
coils or modules, factory stock diameter harmonic balancer with
rubber or elastomer, NO fluid dampers, must have factory stock fuel
pump NO racing or high performance pumps.
1. Factory stock OEM, open chamber heads only, NO 2.02, Vortec or
2. Pinning of rocker studs, screw in studs must be 3/8, guide plates,
3. 72 cc minimum, NO aftermarket heads.
4. Heads are to be untouched except for 3 angle valve job, no grinding,
polishing on any surfaces except to clean up the deck.
* CAMSHAFT SPECS.
1. Chevy .390/.410
2. Ford .425/.450
3. Chrysler/Dodge .390/.420
4. Hydraulic cam and lifters, NO 4/7 swap cams, NO anti pump up
lifters, NO hydraulic roller cams. As this will be checked on a
1. Factory stock OEM 2 or 4 barrel intake, cast iron only, 305 can
run factory aluminum intake, NO bowtie or marine.
1. Factory OEM stock 2 or 4 barrel Q-Jet side fuel line only, or
4412 500 cfm holley.
2. Options allowed, removal of choke butterfly and shaft, changing
of jets and power valve, if using an adapter it must be a Mr, Gasket
inexpensive adapter No other adapters allowed, No Holley, Mallory,
no mechanical tricked secondary or any big fuel pumps as this will
be checked on a regular basis.
1. Factory OEM cast iron exhaust manifold, NO center dumps, NO headers
not even if they were factory NO!!!!!
1. Must remain factory OEM stocks. Sway bar on or off- NO adjusting
or spacing of bar.
2. 101 inch minimum wheel base.
3. Minimum 4 point role cage mandatory welded in place, 1 1/2x.090
wall thickness tubing.
4. All cages must have 4 bars in drivers door, 2 or more in passenger
5. Car must sit LEVEL with a minimum height of 6 inches of clearance
from frame to ground, as this will be checked on a regular basis.
6. Uni body can be tied together with box tubing no to exceed 10
inches of overlap at join at front or rear NO tolerance. NO X braced
frames, No double frames, front and rear loops ok not to come past
center of bumper.
CARS BUMPER- NO cow catchers. NO I beams behind bumpers. Can have
top loop on front bumper 4" to 6" high off top of front
bumper. Not to stick out further then front bumper. NO longer then
1 ¼ X 4" flat steel can be put between frame horns-
NO thicker. NO sharp edges or pertruding steel edges at all 4 corners
* Front suspension, must remain factory OEM stock
1. Racing springs allowed, must be stock diameter and height, spring
bucket allowed to make up for shorter spring but not allowed to
be adjustable. Must be welded.
2. Shocks, factory stock location must be ONLY, must be steel and
factory mounting, can run 50/50 steel body racing shock, NO split
valve shocks, No adjustable shocks. NO Rebuildable
* Rear suspension,
must remain factory OEM stock
1. Stock rear end only, this means Chevy for Chevy, ford for ford,
Chrysler/dodge for Chrysler/dodge.
2. Solid locking of differential with mini spool, or welding is
mandatory, c-clip eliminator kit is allowed. NO lockers.
3. Rear shocks must be in stock mounts upper and lower, may run
50/50 steel body racing shock, must have factory stock ends no split
valve shocks, No adjustable shocks, NO rebuildable, may run spring
bucket to make up for shorter springs but it must not be adjustable,
leaf spring car may run shackles not to exceed 8 inches in length.
NO chaining down or tying down rear end, No slider, Lowering blocks
spacers must be same on both sides, ie. 2" + 2" NO adjustable
lowering blocks. NO chains on rear end.
4. Rear disc brakes allowed.
1. Must be OEM factory stock, whether standard or automatic.
2. For manual trans clutch, pressure plate and flywheel MUST weight
a minimum of 40ibs, minimum 10.5 inch diameter clutch and pressure
plate, you may use an aftermarket clutch pedal and slave cylinder.
3. Automatics must run stock torque converter, no shift kits, no
dummy converters, MUST BE STOCK!!!!
4. All gears must work.
1. The body, floorboard, firewalls, must remain COMPLETELY stock,
no boxed in driver's compartment.
2. All holes must be covered with steel or aluminum.
3. Trunk may be gutted to center of rear end housing, including
inner fender wells
To above center of rear end.
4. Doors, hood, trunk, and dash may be cut out, NO holes in hood.
5. Drivers seat must be in STOCK location.
6. Cutting for tire clearance is allowed but must be neat with no
sharp edges and must have stock rear fender wells.
7. Dashboards are required and may be made of steel or aluminum.
8. All pedals must remain in stock location, with the exception
of clutch pedal and slave cylinder on cars converted to standard
Trans that had no manual clutch.
9. Factory spoilers are allowed, MUST BE FACTORY STOCK FOR MAKE,
MODEL, AND YEAR. No hood scoops of any kind including factory installed.
10. Stock OEM body parts are allowed, may be stock replacement aftermarket,
NO FLAT PANELS OR ALUMINUM PANELS.
Options: (One or the other, no mix and matching of tires)
*You may run a 10" right front RC4, with DOT tires on the other
3 corners. OR
*You may run on all four Hoosier A, D or H 26.5 or 27.5
You CAN NOT run a 10" right front with Hoosiers on the other
3 corners, it is one of the 2 options stated!!!!
Minimum weight after race with driver 3200lbs.
It is stated in the rules above what you can do to your car, anything
else will NOT BE ALLOWED!!!!!!! In the case of a frame issue comes
up from a wreck get with tech to see how or if the chassis is able
to be put back to be legal for your class again.