E-MODS/LIMITED MODIFIED RULES 2014
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide
for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum
acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern
the condition of all events, and by participating in these events,
all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS
OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended
as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee
against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate
deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further
restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum
acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY
SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation
or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials.
Their decision is final.
the Limited Mod rules set forth below it is explained what you can
do, ANYTHING else will result in being DQ'ED. NFS reserves the right
to add weight to any car, any where at any time to keep all cars
G.M. Small Block Chevrolet Engines Only.
1.BLOCK 350 GM Factory OEM cast steel, 2 or 4 bolt block, Maximum
bore 0.60 plus 10/1000ths for wear, No grinding on inside or outside
of block, may epoxy screen filters into oil drain back holes in
lifter valley, No Bowtie blocks and No other aftermarket block will
be allowed. Must be a 350 cubic inch block, No 400 blocks, block
may be 1 or 2 piece rear main seal, No 602 crate motors, block may
be zero decked, No part of piston can protrude above cylinder deck,
NO STROKING or DESTROKING of engine.
2. CONNECTING RODS; Must be a 5.7 inch rod, I-beam rod only, may
have thru bolts or caps bolts, rod may be floated, No 6 inch rods
will be allowed, No polished rods, No aluminum rods, May use Scat
or Eagle rods if they meet above stated rules.
2. PISTONS; Must be 2 or 4 eyebrow, must be stock wrist pin height
for 5.7 inch rod, may be cast or forged.
2A. MINUMUM WEIGHT FOR PISTON/ROD/RINGS/ROD BEARING-1194 GRAMS.
3. CRANKSHAFT; Cast or Steel, Stroke must be 3.48 throw, 48lb MINIMUM
WEIGHT, No knife edge, No cross drilled throws, May add heavy weight
to crankshaft to balance, No grinding on crankshaft, No polishing
of crankshaft counter weights, Must be stock appearing, must have
casting number on crankshaft. May use Scat or Eagle crankshaft if
they meet above stated rules.
3A. Harmonic balancer; Must be a minimum 6.75 inches in diameter
and must be cast steel with elastomer insert, No fluid dampers,
No solid balancers.
4. BALANCING; May balance rotating assembly, No grinding, may add
heavy weight to balance.
5. CAMSHAFT; 390/410 lift, must be hydraulic flat tappet, No solid
lift camshafts, No roller camshafts, No 4/7 swap cams,
6. LIFTERS; Must be hydraulic, No solid lifters, No anti pump ups,
No mushroom lifters, must be stock lifter bore for 350 cubic inch
7. PUSH RODS; Stock length and diameter.
8. ROCKERS ARMS; Must be stamped STEEL, 1.5 ratio only, No other
size will be allowed, No roller tip, No roller rockers.
9. ROCKER ARM ADJUSTER NUTS; May use poly locks, No stud girdles
will be allowed.
10. TIMING CHAIN AND GEARS; May use a double roller, may use cam
bearing behind top gear, may use cam button, No gear drives, No
belt drives, No adjustable cam or crank gears, May use multiple
keyway crankshaft gear.
11. HEADS; Any factory stock, open chamber head, 1.94/1.50 valves
only, Valves may have a maximum of 30/1000ths neck down, No undercut
valves, No swirl polished valves May use stainless valves, minimum
72 cc combustion chamber, 3 angle valve cuts, valve stem diameter
must be 11/32" No other size will be allowed, OEM stock length
valve for 350 GM, 1.250 inch valve spring diameter only, No grinding
on heads will be allowed inside or outside, may deck head surface
with in 72 cc per chamber, may use screw in studs, studs must be
3/8 diameter, may use guide plates , May pin studs, No double hump
heads, No Bowtie heads, No VORTEC heads, No closed chamber heads,
No angle plug heads, No aftermarket heads of any kind, No SR heads,
No porting or polishing.
12. INTAKE; Any cast or aluminum intake, must have casting number,
may run water cooling lines, No porting, No polishing, No acid dipping,
No handmade intakes, No gasket matching.
13. LIFTER TRAY; OK.
14. VALVE COVERS; May use aftermarket, EVAC system OK.
15. DISTRIBUTOR; Factory OEM Stock or you may use an aftermarket
big GM, may change module, may use printed circuit module, may use
hot coil, may lock advance, May use hot coil, No small MSD distributors,
No billet distributors, No MSD boxes.
16. CARBURETOR; Holley 500, Holley 600 CFM single fuel line feed,
Holley carburetor must have a stock metering block, may change accelerator
pump to 50cc, may remove choke plate and shaft, may change jets,
may change power valve, may use rear jet plate, may use quick change
vacuum pod for secondary, No secondary metering block, No billet
metering blocks, No billet base plates, No drilling of butterflies,
No fuel logs. No Q jet carburetors.
17. CARBURETOR ADAPTER; If carb will bolt directly to intake you
cannot run an adapter, gasket thickness maximum 5/16 inch, If adapter
is required to bolt carburetor to intake the minimum thickness is
to be 1.5 inches with gaskets, No carburetor spacers. Adapter must
be metal or aluminum, No phenolic, wood or plastic, No adjustable
front to back or side to side adapters.
18. FUEL PUMP; May use a racing pump maximum pressure 7 lbs. Must
be mounted in stock location on motor, No fuel pump/power steering
pump combo units.
19. WATER PUMP; May use aftermarket racing aluminum pump.
19A. WATER PUMP PULLEYS; May use aftermarket aluminum pulleys.
20. RADIATOR; Aluminum radiator OK.
21. EXHAUST; Headers will be allowed, Must have mufflers, No Tri
22. POWER STEERING PUMP; Must be mounted on left front of motor
(drivers side), No tandem fuel pump/power steering pumps.
23. CLUTCH/FLYWHEEL; Steel OEM replacement flywheel, 10.5 inch,
may use solid hub clutch disc 10.5 inch, may use 10.5 inch pressure
plate, minimum weight of flywheel, clutch and pressure plate 35lbs,
this will include flywheel and pressure plate bolts, Will NOT include
24. CLUTCH RELEASE BEARING, Hydraulic aftermarket OK.
25. TRANSMISSION; 3 or 4 speeds, cast iron only, must have all working
gears, forward and reverse. No lightening of gears must be OEM stock.
26 FUEL; Pump gas only, No 110 or any racing fuel, fuel must contain
5 to 10% ETHYNOL, No Aviation fuel, No Methanol, Must pass NFS fuel
26A, Fuel Penalties;
1st Offense, Lose 10 points and $50.00 fine.
2nd Offense, Lose all points and monies from that nights events
and $125.00 fine.
3rd Offense, Lose all points for the season and $250.00 fine.
AND SUSPENSION RULES
1. UPPER A-ARMS; May use steel tubular aftermarket, cross shaft
may be aluminum.
2. Lower A-ARMS; Stock OEM, Tubular lowers NOT ALLOWED.
3. CENTER LINK; Stock steel.
4. TIE RODS; Steel stock inners, may use SWEDGE tube and HIEM joints
5. PITMAN ARM AND IDLER ARM; Stock steel.
6. STEERING BOX; GM for GM, FORD for FORD etc.
7. FRONT SHOCKS; One shock per wheel, steel welded body, split valve
only, NO threaded body shocks, No adjustable shocks, No schrader
valve shocks, No coil overs, No rebuildable, No take apart, No shocks
with allen plugs or plugs of any kind, No custom built shocks, All
shocks must have a part number that is clearly legible, and available
in any performance catalog, All are subject to be sent to manufacturer
to be tested, any shock that is found illegal will be confiscated
and will become the property of North Florida Speedway to be disposed
of. Approved shocks are Afco 1000, 1200, and 1500 series, or Bilstein
7 or 9 series, or Integra 4200 series, or Pro WB series, or Carrera
5500, 5900, 7500 series, any other shock not mentioned above must
be preapproved by the NORTH Florida Speedway Tech Department.
8. NO ALUMINUM PARTS.
9. SPRINGS; STEEL only, No composite.
1, REAR SHOCKS; One shock per wheel, steel welded body, split valve
only, No threaded body shocks, No adjustable, No Schrader valve
shocks, No aluminum shocks, No take up shocks on either side, Coil
overs OK, Sliders OK, see shock explanation for brand and series
above in front shocks, Aluminum coil over kit OK, May run 90/10
shock on top link of rear end.
2. REAR SPRINGS; Steel only, NO composite, Coil or leaf, Must be
same on both sides.
3. Leaf spring, coil spring, 3 link, 4 link, Z link, swing arm,
mono leaf all are OK.
4. REAR END; 9 inch or Quick change OK, No ratchet differentials,
No limited slip differentials, Must be locked, No aluminum tubes,
center section on Quick change may be aluminum.
5. NO ALUMINUM REAR SUSPENSION PARTS.
6. BIRD CAGES; OK, Must be steel, No aluminum.
7. BRAKE FLOATER; Not allowed.
8. SWEDGE TUBES; Must be steel.
9. TOP LINK; SPRING BAR, BISCUIT BAR, SOLID BAR, ANY LENGTH. OK.
10. J-BAR; Must be steel, biscuit or solid OK.
11. J-BAR mount on rear end and on frame may be steel or aluminum.
1. Must have 4 wheel operating brakes.
2. May use right front shutoff.
3. CALIPERS; Must be steel OEM stock, same size pistons on all,
single piston only, No aluminum, No dual piston.
4. May run brake bias adjuster.
5. ROTORS; Stock type steel, No scalloped rotors.
6. May use aftermarket brake pedal assembly.
OTHER THAN WHAT IS MENTIONED ABOVE MUST BE APPROVED BY NFS TECH
DEPARTMENT OR WILL RESULT IN A DQ.
1. DECK: Maximum width 68 inches
2. DECK LENGTH: Must not go past engine mid plate in front and must
stop 6 inches before inside edge of rear bumper.
3. Deck may have up to 3 inch taper from rear to front and from
passenger door to drivers cockpit.
4. Minimum deck height 28 inches, Maximum deck height 38 inches
5. Spoiler width maximum 68 inches
6. Spoiler height maximum 6 inches, bends will not be taken into
consideration as long as they are leven bends. If they have any
angle upwards it will be included in the height measurement.
7. If spoiler is not incorporated sail panels the end piece maximum
height will be 6 inches X ten (10) inches long.
8. Center spoiler brace maximum 6 inches high X 10 inches long.
One (1) only
9. ROOF: Moaximum roof width 50 inches, maximum roof length 56 inches
10. Roof rake from rear to front 3 inches maximum.
11. Door and quarter panel bottoms must have a minimum ground clearance
of 4 inches.
12. Door panels may extend 4 inches past top of front deck maximum.
13. NO closing in of engine compartment, NO air deflectors on chassis.
14. Front nose must not be wider than outside of front frame horns
and must not go past the leading edge of front bumper. Minimum 6
inches from front nose to ground.
15. Window sails must start even at top of roof and taper in a straight
line to rear spoiler must not protrude any higher than spoiler,
solid window sails ok or you may cut out windows in sails you must
cut both sides out not just one.
TIRES & WHEELS:
1. 8 inch steel wheels.
2. Hoosier 26.5 or 27.5. May be A,D,H or medium or hards. NO soft
3. NO grooving or prepping.
4. May use bead lock on any corner
5. NO other tire will be permitted.
THE ABOVE RULES THE OPTIONS ARE STATED ANYTHING ELSE WILL RESULT
IN A DQ.