2014 Basic Rules
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinion does not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
1. We do inforce a NO FAULT RULE. If you are involved in a caution or are the cause of the caution you will go to the tail.
2. Stop on track go to the rear.
3. The car that causes the yellow gets the penalty.
4. Top three cars heat races, Top five cars in A main event goes directly to the scales.
5. Pit stops or repairs performed during an event must be done in the designated area, do not block travel lane. Water available on work road.
6. A time out will be issued, when it takes more than four tries to get event started. Cars and drivers must stay together, no working on cars, no crews in time out area, be ready to go when called.
7. Pit speed 5mph. Zero tolerance. Race cars, pit vehicles, etc.
8. MUFFLERS ARE MANDATORY (excluding pure stock if they run 2 1/2 or smaller exhaust pipe)
9. Owners are responsible for every one associated with the race team.
10. Respect all other race teams.
11. Verbal/Unsportsmanlike conduct will result in a $100.00 + fine.
12. Malicious/Rough driving will result in a $250.00 + fine.
13. Tech area is designated for tech man, car and driver. There is to be no family, car owners etc. in this area. NO TOLERANCE! If this rule can not be followed the driver and car will be DQ from racing event (if there are any problems the car owner will be notified) and $100
Fine per person.
14. When your driver wins his or her feature and you are in the pits, if you want to take feature winner picture you are to walk all the way around to the grandstands and go on the track at flag stand. There is to be NO ONE crossing the track in turns 1,2,3 or backstretch. If you are caught crossing the track in an area that is not designated your driver will be DQ, Fined or both.
15. You are to line up in the designated spot in your heat or feature lineup. If you are late and don't make it to your line up spot and the cars are being rolled onto the track you will start in the rear of that race. You are not to fall in the back of another heat race, you either are lined up for the one you are designated to be in or you go to the tail of your feature.
16. Each car that is at the track on a race night is required to go out and pack track. If you don't go out and help pack track you will be put to the tail of your heat and Feature NO questions asked!!!!
17. If you go into another driver's pit area, you will be fined and DQ'd for the evening.
18. There will be a 2 spin rule. If you are involved in causing 2 cautions you will be black flagged in that racing event.
19. All classes are subject to Delaware restarts. These restarts will be added to certain races. You will be told in drivers meeting that race night.
20. If any car goes into the pits or infield prior to start of any heat or feature race, upon reentering race track car will start at the rear of such race.
21. As of April 2013 raceceivers are mandatory in all classes. If you are caught running on a race event with out a raceceiver you will be automatically DQ'd for the night.
22. Turns 1 and 2 are designated for cars coming on and off the track. At no time are spectators, pit crews, etc. allowed to be standing in the opening areas of these two turns. The first time you are caught standing in the areas you will be asked to move the second time you will be asked to leave. Please this is for everyone's safety, PLEASE STAND IN THE DESIGNATED AREAS FOR FANS!!
23. If you are not lined up by the time your heat or feature is being rolled onto the track you will start at the tail of said event. If you do not make it out for your designated heat race you will have to start at the tail of feature. You will not be allowed to fall at the tail of another heat race.
24. Racing 5 point harness (belts) need to be 2007 or newer. No open face helmets alloud. Helmet's must be snell approved and must be 2005 or newer.
25. All competitors that compete for the year must race a minimum of 75% of the season schedule races to qualify to be paid at year end points banquet.